United Security Financial is looking for a Loan Officer who is prepared to make a difference in the lives of customers looking to buy a home. United Security Financial is a wholesale VA lender/broker offering an array of mortgage loan products
- In house – Full-Time
- External – Full Time
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Loan Officer will be responsible for discussing client’s needs, recommending the best loan products, helping customers put together a complete loan package and working with the underwriting and processing team until the loan is closed.
- Generate and pre-qualify potential borrowers, complete all loan applications and documents, obtain all required supporting documents and information, process loan applications and submit a complete loan file in a timely manner in compliance with company and lender procedures.
- Provide company headquarters with neat and orderly accounting information, bank statements, pipe-line and closing reports on a periodic basis.
- Provide applicants with accurate interest rate quotes and loan information.
- Retain copies of all loan files originated , whether or not the loan was closed, rejected or withdrawn, for a period of time to comply with all applicable company policies and state and federal laws.
- Attract new mortgage loan applications by developing relationships within the community and making sales calls to prospective clients.
- Monitor collection, verification and preparation of mortgage loan documentation; schedule and complete mortgage loan closing.
- Maintain strict client confidentiality.
- Exhibit a high level of working knowledge of agency and government loan guidelines and packaging requirements, primarily with purchase transactions.
- Educate customers on the different type of loans and credit options available to them, including the terms associated with each.
- Continue education to remain compliant with NMLS requirements.
- Maintain the highest level of business and professional ethics and practices and strictly avoid any form of loan fraud or any other variation of fraudulent, illegal or unfair dealings.
- 1+ years experience
- Active NMLS number
- NMLS licensed and requested to transfer license to company account within 48 hours of start date
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient working knowledge of basic Windows Office software, including word processing, spreadsheets, e mail accounts software
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally with a wide array of personalities, both within and external of the company
- High ethical standards
Full Family Health & Dental coverage available
401K Contribution match
In-house breakfast/lunch service available