Summer Fun in Salt LakeJuly 5th, 2017
Living in the heart of the outdoor adventure world has its perks. With mountains, national parks, waterfalls and other natural wonders there are so many ways to get out and enjoy the beautiful summer weather. Here are just a few we would suggest giving a shot.
- Hike. There are literally hundreds of hikes you can do with mountain ranges on all sides. Some of our favorites are Donut Falls, The Living Room, and Ensign Peak.
- Bike. There are a number of biking trails that offer options for those that prefer this activity. Choose your favorite from the short list found here.
- Attend a concert. Salt Lake plays host to both the Twilight Concert Series – featuring concerts nearly each weekend – for only $5 per show and the Red Butte Garden outdoor concert series with tickets ranging from $35 to $50 per show.
- Check out the Redwood drive-in theater where one ticket gets you in to see two movies. Shows playing all summer long.
- Utah is unique in that we have our own special holiday on July 24th (Pioneer Day) and fireworks are displayed both on this holiday and July 4th. Follow the link here to see the full list of fireworks available this season.
- It gets hot in Utah in the summer, we are in the desert after all. Visit one of Seven Peaks locations, drive up to Lagoon in northern Utah, or visit one of our many beaches to cool off this summer.
- Utah has festivals. Nearly every “big” city in the state has some sort of festival you can participate in, from Peach Days in Brigham City in September, to Sandy Balloon Festival in August there is plenty to do around the state for either cheap or free this summer.
How do you spend your summer in Utah? Do you have anything fun to add to our list? Comment on our Facebook or Instagram page for a chance to win additional tickets to do what you love this summer!